Did you know April 2016
Did you know - January 2016
- Our School Council and Parent Council (Parent Association of the Sangudo Storm known as P.A.S.S.) meet each month to help foster the well-being and effectiveness of the school community and to enhance learning
- Members include parents, the principal, teacher(s), our school trustee-Sherry Jeffreys, and community representative(s)
- Three new council positions were filled for the 2015/2016 year! PLEASE WELCOME Dallas Roth (Chairperson), Kristina Vandersteen (Vice Chair) and Sherra Muldoon (Vice Chair). We are still seeking to fill the secretary position. Yvonne Lovich has returned as the Treasurer.
- Our School Council intends to collaboratively continue working on involving more parents/ community members in the school and facilitating/ increasing communication between home and school. We would love to hear your ideas of how the School Council can help with this mission!
- Our Parent Council (P.A.S.S) is eagerly organizing new and popular fundraisers throughout the year and is off to a great start in helping to support school needs. A portion of last year’s fundraising combined with our first pizza fundraiser and hot lunch-days to date helped donate a whopping $2862 towards our SCS athletics program! GO TEAMS! As well, P.A.S.S. is contributing $300 each to our 3 new teachers to help support any initial classroom enhancements, benefiting the students learning environment! Welcome Mrs. Steiger, Mrs. Erickson and Mr. Tavaroli! Our next upcoming fundraiser is a special School Cookbook with over 194 delicious recipes gathered from students and pre-order forms are now available! A HUGE SHOUT OUT to our amazing volunteers and fundraising supporters!
- P.A.S.S. has a fantastic Facebook Page to help share important school information, news, updates and photos. It’s easy to get this information delivered straight to YOUR Facebook news feed. So far we have 84 followers and counting! Go to https://www.facebook.com/pages/Parent-Association-of-the-Sangudo-Storm/1489857747906220.
- We look forward to creating monthly “DID YOU KNOW’S” to help share our council initiatives and facilitate increasing communications